As credit union marketing and business development professionals, we are frequently asked to develop innovative solutions to a variety of business problems. The purpose of the CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council’s Excellence Forum is to spotlight these new approaches and their application to credit unions nationwide.
We invite you to submit your entry in three strategic categories:
- Business Development: Beyond normal activities, what has your credit union done to further develop the relationship between credit union and sponsor company(s), their employees, or the community(s) you serve?
Business Development Entry Form and Worksheet
- Community Outreach and/or Political Advocacy: Has your credit union developed a successful community relations program? Perhaps a politically- themed event or program that advocates a political candidate or the credit union movement? Maybe an event and/or program that combines both? What was your strategy? And most importantly, what were the results?
Community Outreach and/or Political Advocacy Entry Form and Worksheet
- Miscellaneous: Open to any event, program, or initiative you feel is deserving! Did you undertake a name change or rebranding? Did your department drive the successful implementation of a sales culture? Through planning and preparation, did your credit union successfully navigate a natural disaster? Have you utilized your MCIF to leverage marketing results? Whatever your practice may be, this is your chance to tell your peers.
Miscellaneous Entry Form and Worksheet
The Selection Process
A panel of CMBDC Executive Committee members, past winners, and industry professionals will select one Excellence award winner in each of the three categories above. Selection will be based on candidates’ strategy, process, application and results. Recipients will be selected without regard to credit union asset size.
Excellence award winners will be announced at the 20th Annual CUNA Marketing and Business Development Council Conference, held March 24-27, 2013 in Anaheim. Winners are required to attend the conference to accept the award. Each winning credit union will receive one complimentary conference registration. Winning entries will be featured in a press release and in CUNA News Now in addition to being showcased on the CMBDC website.
- Entrants must be a current member of the CUNA Marketing and Business Development Council.
- The practice must have been initiated in 2012.
- Entries must be received by January 30, 2013.
- The award winner or a representative must be in attendance at the conference to accept the award.
If applicable, the entrant may submit a similar entry to both the Excellence and Diamond Awards programs. However, the entrant must complete the appropriate entry forms for each respective program separately.
- Download and complete the Entry Form and Worksheet pertaining to your category (Microsoft Word format) located at the links provided above.
- With your completed entry form, submit a concise, double-spaced narrative detailing the strategic challenge your credit union faced and your solution to that problem. Describe the unique or challenging circumstances under which you performed and the results – both financial and otherwise – you were able to achieve. Specifically:
- Explain in detail a specific (or series of related) project/activity which produced extraordinary results for your credit union. List the specific goals and results of the project/activity.
- Please list three specific examples of how this practice contributed to the success of your credit union.
- Provide any additional relevant information to support your entry.
Please limit your entry to no more than 10 pages total, including your double-spaced narrative and any collateral materials (which must be photocopies or screen prints.)
Submit your entry materials via e-mail to CUNA Councils Awards Program at email@example.com. Your entry must be received no later than January 30, 2013 to be considered.
If you have questions about the entry procedures, please contact CUNA Council Administration at 800-356-9655, ext. 4018 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions about the Excellence Award categories, please contact Debra Trautman, Recognition Committee Chair and Marketing Manager for the Maine Credit Union League at 207.773.5671, ext. 298 or via email at email@example.com.