CMBDC Scholarship Program
Each year, the CUNA Marketing and Business Development Council offers scholarships to eligible credit union staff. The Education Committee, led by Scholarship Chair Hilary Reed, Vice President, Marketing, Bucks First FCU, will award recipients based on specific scholarship criteria.
To be considered as a potential scholarship recipient, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be a current member of the CUNA Marketing and Business Development Council. If you are currently not a member, part of the scholarship award will go toward the recipient's first year dues for CMBDC membership.
- Be a full-time employee of an affiliated credit union who has primary responsibility for the credit union's marketing or business development function; or if working in a marketing department that includes more than one person, be a full-time marketing or business development professional.
- Be able to demonstrate a financial need.
- One scholarship per credit union per year.
- Be willing and able to take an active role in the CMBDC and the conference, including:
- Recruit at least one new marketing or business development professional for membership in the CMBDC:
- Serve on at least one CMBDC subcommittee, and
- Help with conference registration, assist a speaker, or make a similar contribution during the CMBDC conference (CMBDC conference scholarship recipients only.)
The CUNA Marketing & Business Development Council offers scholarships each year to eligible individuals. Scholarships can be applied to the following programs:
Scholarships will be awarded to marketing professionals and business development professionals. Applicants will be notified of their application status within one week of the application deadline.
Each award will be for up to $2,500 and can go toward conference registration, hotel and airfare expenses. Any fees or expenses that exceed the awarded amounts are the responsibility of the recipient and/or their credit union. Scholarship recipients for the conference must stay at the hotel in which the conference takes place.
> Download the CMBDC Scholarship Application (MS Word)
With your completed application form, submit the following:
- A copy of your credit union's two-page NCUA Financial Performance Report, including both the financial summary page and the ratio analysis. Below are the instructions to access the NCUA Financial Performance Report summary page and ratio analysis.
1. Go to www.ncua.gov.
2. Use the drop down menu to go to "Credit Union Data and Applications" then "Research a Credit Union (Find A Credit Union)."
3. Enter your Credit Union Charter Number (or Name) and click "Find."
4. A new window will open showing your General Credit Union Information, scroll to the bottom and click on “Request FPR.”
5. A new window will open titled "Financial Performance Report," chose the option "I want to view a 2-page FPR summary for one credit union online."
6. Two reports will be available; "Financial Summary" and "Ratio Analysis." Please submit both reports with your Scholarship entry.
- A 500 (maximum)-word essay demonstrating your financial need and commitment to the marketing or business development profession. The essay must also express marketing's role in achieving the vision for your credit union and how your continuing professional development will contribute toward the achievement of this vision and fulfillment of your marketing or business development goals.
- An executive summary (professional resume) detailing your work experience, education (including formal and specialized), extracurricular activities (e.g., committees, chapter, league, or community involvement), and awards (inside or outside the credit union industry).
- Professional references (at least two).
- A reference letter from the applicant's CEO attesting to the need for financial aid and the qualifications of the applicant.
Where to send your materials:
Please mail your application and collateral materials, or email a PDF version to:
CUNA Council Scholarship Administration
5710 Mineral Point Road
Madison, WI 53705
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Hilary Reed, Vice President, Marketing
Bucks First FCU
Telephone: 215-788-5270, x273